1 July 2015

Fitness Blogging



Writing about fitness is difficult for a multitude of reasons. People have different fitness goals and beliefs. I have friends who swear by the IIFYM/flexible dieting lifestyle, who favour whey even after my incessant coaxing into converting towards hemp protein, who are aiming to get wings/quads/delts/etc. I know girls are extreme cardio bunnies, or those who only go to the gym for the group classes. The bottom line is, it's hard to write about something that is so subjective.

Right now, my regimen consists of either weights-rowing-core-(attempted) Muay Thai (since I haven't trained in ages), or HIIT-weights-core, or even just pure cardio. I'm aiming at building my endurance (my friend convinced me to join her on a 10k marathon -- yes it's just 10k but I have a love-hate relationship with running, okay?), toning down (getting to sub 10% body fat), and building strong curves (hello, squats). Although I love having friends gym with me, we usually break apart at the gym to complete our own regimen. My male friends usually stay at the weights area and lift heavy, building certain muscle groups (leg day, chest day, etc), whereas I try to do full body as much as possible.

It's important to establish your own fitness goals and work on your own regimen. As fun and interesting as it is to do the same workouts as your friends or what you see online, you have to remember to check if those workouts reflect what your goals are. Do your research and figure out what your goals are --  what your body needs.